Monday, January 12, 2009

A Project Read Student Returns to Donate for Literacy

Project Read provides one-on-one literacy services for only $10/year, which is only a very small fraction of the cost associated with providing services for just one student. Project Read is able to continue to thrive and provide adult literacy services because of the generous donations of many different organizations and individuals. One former Project Read student, now graduated from the program, explained why she chose to come back recently and donate her hard-earned money to Project Read. "The people at Project Read have helped me so much. They gave me awards for being an outstanding student. I learned so much because of them. Even though I don't need to donate, I feel I owe it to them for all they have done for me. I would love to become a tutor in Spanish literacy. But, until they find a student I can tutor, this is a way I can help." Click here to see who our sponsors are and to find out more about how and what to donate to Project Read.

No comments: